I have the privilege of making a living by working in an academic library. I also do a few literary, artistic, scholarly, & political things.
- Recent Medium Format Work. 2016, series of ten silver gelatin photographic prints, featured artist at The Nook, Halifax, Nova Scotia, December 2016-January 2017.
- Lines. 2016, series of three silver gelatin photographic prints, MSVU Art Gallery Annual Community Show, Halifax, Nova Scotia, November-December 2016.
- Ghosts. 2015, series of five silver gelatin photographic prints, Night/Shift, NSCAD University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, October 2015.
- Every Day is Hallowe’en. 2008, series of four digital photographic prints, Biff! Pow! Art!, The Dart Gallery, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, May 2016.
- Kids These Days. 2016, group reading of teen poetry, journals, and letters. MSVU Art Gallery, 2 March 2016.
- Mean Girl Monologues. 2013, contributor and performer, Stages Theatre Festival, Eastern Front Theatre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, June 2013.
- Twin Phantoms [excerpt]. 2013, reading from a novel in progress, Top of the Town: 2013 Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia Mentorship Readings, The Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia, Halifax, June 2013.
- Book Review: All This Blood, by Susie Berg. Understorey Magazine Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, 2017.
- “Thank you, Carolyn” and “Food Seam.” 2018, poems appearing in The Impressment Gang, 4(0), p. 6-7.
- “The Creature Questions its Reflection: Lyrical Feminist Explorations of Reference Desk Interactions,” with Alex Hanam. The Feminist Reference Desk: Concepts, Critiques, and Conversations, edited by Maria T. Accardi. Library Juice Press, Sacramento, CA, 2017.
- Book Review: Tell by Soraya Peerbaye. Understory Magazine, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, 2017.
- “Overdue.” 2016, poem and illustration, Unlike You, I Was Not Given a Fucking Map at Birth: True Stories from First-generation Library Professionals [zine], edited by Kelly Keitur, 2016.
- “Catfood.” 2013, short fiction, Understorey 1, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, 2013.
- “Dark Grass.” 2013, poem, Writing the Common : being an anthology of poetry commemorating the two-hundred-&-fiftieth anniversary of the Halifax Common, 1763-2013. Gaspereau Press, Kentville, NS, 2013.
- “Grammy Sibley’s Rocker.” 2011, poem, in Storied Objects: The 2010-2011 Voices Project Anthology [chapbook], MSVU Alexa McDonough Institute for Women, Gender & Social Justice, Halifax, NS, 2011.
- “Paying Fines Forward All Year Long,” poster presentation on using food bank donations as an alternative to monetary library fines, May 2016. Atlantic Provinces Library Association Conference.
- “Fostering a Community of Practice for Library Technicians,” final practicum presentation, Graduate Studies in Lifelong Learning, Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax, NS, April 2016.
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Post-secondary Learning: Student-centred Course Outlines as Vital Learning Tools,” with Erin Tomlinson, Canadian Association of Adult Educators 2015 Atlantic Regional Conference.
- Member-at-Large for the Halifax Library Association.
- Member of the Programming Committee for the 2016 ABC Copyright Conference; organized a presentation by the Nova Scotia Artists’ Legal Information Society.
- Layout editor for The Partnership Journal, published by the Partnership of Provincial and Territorial Library Associations.
- Former co-editor (2013-2015) of the APLA Bulletin, published by the Atlantic Provinces Library Association.
- Atlantic Provinces Library Association
- Canadian Women in the Literary Arts
- Halifax Cycling Coalition
- Halifax Library Association
- Halifax Darkroom
- In progress: M.A.Ed. Lifelong Learning, MSVU.
- In progress: Photography Certificate, NSCAD.
- Continuing Education Certificate, The Partnership of Provincial and Territorial Library Associations, 2016.
- Library Management Certificate, Library Juice Academy, 2015.
- Writing Mentorship, WFNS, 2013.
- Library & Information Technology Diploma, NSCC, 2011.
- B.A. Honours English, STU, 2005.